Picture of the Month (August 2008)
Dedicated User Captions:
1. Let's dance!
2. gepetto brauchte eine weile bis pinocchio perfekt war...
3. I understand the gravity of the situation: I am not the one pulling the strings here -
Read more captions (not voted, latest on top)
- unser beitrag zu olympia
- hello world me too
- yes, we play football in germany
- Zicke, Zacke, Hühnerka...
- Gut, dass ich so viele Gelenke habe. Aber was soll ich nur anziehen?
- Wenn der Hans zur Schule ging / Stets sein Blick am Himmel hing / Nach den Dächern, Wolken, Schwalben / Schaut er aufwärts, allenthalben
- man of means by no means
Centre of gravity mechanism according to Fischer
|This mechanism can take in any position of the human body so that it shows the entire centre of gravity as well as the centres of gravity of its parts. It projects those positions onto the median layer and shows precisely any change of the centres of gravity when any joint is moved.|
The construction was provided by E. Zimmermann, 1928, a manufacturer of scientific instruments. The catalogue from which this figure is taken also shows a lot of other scientific instruments. For receiving an impression of what instrument makers had to offer, have a look at the Ophtalmotrope acc. to Wundt or the Ergograph acc. to Mosso from the Zimmermann catalogue.
Zimmermann, E. 1928. Psychologische und Physiologische Apparate: Liste 50. Leipzig & Berlin (Collection Rand B. Evans)
[Back to Archive]