- Concert Series: "The Physiology of the Piano", a series of concerts and talks, explores
the relations between the piano, the human body, and the sound of music in
the late 19th and early 20th century. It startet in 2006/07 in cooperation with the Musikinstrumenten-Museum, Berlin and was continued at the MPIWG Berlin in 2007/08 and 2009.
- Workshop: On May 12th and 13th, 2006 the Virtual Laboratory presented
a workshop on Karl Friedrich Schinkel's painting «Blick in Griechenland's Blüthe».
The workshops as much aimed at a fresh understanding of the timely cultural
narratives continguously, interwovenly and synaesthetically visualized in Schinkel's
Bildungs-, Wissens- and/or Kulturbild of 1825 as it purposed the
connotative terminology and verbal symbolism of the many beautiful things brought together.
In consolidating the topical constellations, ideas and configurations within the
arts, sciences and technology the workshop wanted to methodologically access Schinkel's
painting as a visualization of the various spheres of knowledge in Prussia around
- Workshop: On May 5th and 6th, 2006 the Experimentalization of Life Project
organized the workshop Introspective Self-Rapports: Shaping Ethical and Aesthetic Concepts 1850-2006 at the Max-Planck-Institute for the History of Science in Berlin.
- Presentation: On February 23th and 24th, 2006 the Virtual Laboratory
has been presented on the .hist2006 conference in Berlin.
From May 13th to October 2nd, 2005 the Virtual Laboratory presented the Exhibition
Apoll in the Lab in
Berlin together with the Medizinhistorisches Museum der Charité (Museum for the
History of Medicine).
- Presentation: From March 20th to October 3rd, 2005, the Virtual Laboratory
was shown at the Center for Art and Media in Karlsruhe. It had been part of the show
Public: Atmospheres of Democracy', curated by Bruno Latour and Peter Weibel.